Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

"Look Down, Look Down, Don't look 'em in the eye..."

Last night Tawny, Sabrina and I went to see Les Misérables at Bonneville High School and they did a great job. It was so fun to sit there and be taken back to my jr. year in high school when we did Les Misérables in our theater department. So very many wonderful memories I have performing that show. Funny the emotion that certain memories can stir up. I really did enjoy performing. Being a part of something creates a part of you that you can never lose. As I watched the performers on stage last night, giving their all and pushing themselves to the limit, I couldn't help but feel a sense of longing to be back in their shoes. The smells, the sounds, the issues, the exhaustion...yet somehow, I don't miss it enough to wish it was all still a part of my life. I have found new passions and new things to be a part of. I'm grateful for the experiences in life and the process of elimination, so to speak, that each experience makes us go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment